1. Why will the council not permit any sheltered residents to participate in the future housing plans in which they are involved?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: All meeting from now on will be on a one to one bases, we not allow representatives to attend from other Sheltered Housing sites.
2. Can I have a copy of my old anew tenancy agreement and all addendum’s?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: These are available on request.
3. What is the use for the new depot on the A38
The response from SDC Spoke-personn: As of the 1st November 2016 there will be no GENERAL refuse collections on a weekly basis. The maximum bin collection will be limited to one and half bags per week, per household. We question these savings in the fortnightly collections due to the two new refuse facilities being currently built.
4. What is the first time fix rate for the new contractors? Has it improved over the last year?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: Information yet been clarified by the new contractors.
5. Which of the current list of redevelopment zone sheltered sites will commence first? Which one will follow etc?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: IThe redevelopment will commence first at Dryleaze Court in November 2016. However this will not be officially announced until the site visit of Council representatives during the same month.
6. What is the current shortfall on the sheltered income and how much will be recouped by the individual site redevelopment sale?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: No official response as of today.
7. Does the council wish to be trusted by the residents? If so, why cannot the residents have their own lines of communication with the council? If there is no way further forward we need outside arbitration.
The response from SDC Spoke-person: Before any individual complaint to the Housing Ombudsman is made, the Council own Complaints criteria need to be followed before proceeding.
8. Why have there been attempts to antagonise sheltered residents in the recent past? Locked Toilets, unnecessary paperwork suddenly instigated (for certain sites) etc.
The response from SDC Spoke-person: It is understood these matters are being handled by Senior Official in STC who say they will respond in due course.
9. Why are resident’s complaints not being reviewed under the councils own complaint system?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: To the best of our knowledge we had no complaints?
10. Will the council agree to a guaranteed response period for all complaints made in writing from the residents?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: See previous response.
11. Petitions at present show a great number within the sheltered community and their family & friends are concerned about the future of sheltered housing. What numbers are required to allow a formal meeting with the Housing Forum?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: Petitions to the Council, unlike the Governments own .gov procedure, are being ignored.
12. Why is the council not increasing the banding to gold for all residents immediately thus preventing a rush?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: At present only those with specific medical needs will be elevated in their banding.
13. Regarding first aid coverage who and where should residents go for such coverage. The same applies to health and safety certification.
The response from SDC Spoke-person: No official response was given.
14. When is the toilet likely to reopened at Cambridge House. No date for this has been given to the residents?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: This issue is being looked into at this present time.
15. Does the council’s insurance cover residents items purchased by residents or the community fund which are in the community room?
The response from SDC Spoke-person: No it doesn’t. Any items supplied by other organisations will not be covered under council insurance because of the high level of excess attached to policy.
16. Why are residents currently living in Red Zone redevelopment areas not being assisted to move out of the Stroud area?. This action would assist in reducing the current waiting list.
The response from SDC Spoke-person: Everyone in the Red Zones will have a one to one interview, to ascertain their correct banding. Help will be provided to relocate the affected residents to suitable properties.
17. There is unnecessary antagonism between the majority of the involved sheltered residents and the council’s complaints procedure. What actions can be taken to rectify the situation.
The response from SDC Spoke-personn: We believe the procedures that we offer meet all requirements?